Tuesday, 28 August 2012
Here are some ideas to use them
1. Pick out 10 words, read them and order them into alphabetical order
2. Pick out 3 words, read them, cover them and spell them. Check
3. Pick out 3 words and look them up in a dictionary
4. Pick out 3 words to describe the character in your reading book
5. Pick out a word and use it in a sentence
6. Pick out 2 words and use them in a sentence
7. Pick out 3 words that describe you
8. How many words can you read in one minute?
9. Find a word you don't know and learn it. Look it up in a dictionary. Use it as much as you can for the rest of the day.
10. Find 6 words with 2 syllables
11. Find 6 words with 3 syllables
12. Find a word that means the same as 'nice'
13. Find 3 words that are positive characteristics
14. Find 3 words that are negative characteristics
15. Find a word that has 3 letters.
16. Find a word that has 7 letters
17. Find a word that has 'ful' at the end
18. Find a word that has 'less' at the end
19. Find a word you like the sound of, read it to a friend and explain what it means. Use it in a sentence.
20. Draw a picture of your superhero and find words to describe him or her.
21. Find a word for every letter of the alphabet (excluding x)
22. Find a word with 'ly' at the end
23. Find a word with the silent 'w'
24. Find a word with 'ing' at the end.
There are loads and loads of ways and I am sure you will come up with your own ideas.
Here is a the file with the words