Thursday 20 November 2008

Magnetic letters and phoneme frames

This idea came to me the other day when teaching my little SEN group phonics. 3 of my children constantly start from right to left when making words with magnetic letters. We use magnetic letters most days. I thought if I had a phoneme frame on the magnetic board it would be so much easier because then I could put a little mark in the first box for them to start their word. I had some laminated 3 box phoneme frames already so I carefully cut them out and stuck them with a tiny bit of bluetac in each corner, to the magnetic board. With a permanent marker I made a little star in the first box. Absolute success! They worked a treat! And the magnetism goes right through the phoneme frame so the letters still stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any suggestions or comments you would like to make.